A Intern will be assigned to assist one or two Project Management employees in performing the duties/responsibilities listed below. Some activities may vary depending on the status of the assigned project:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to effectively manage project schedules, material procurement, subcontractors, resources, change orders, and project documentation
- Effectively manage project submittals (Product Data, Shop Drawings, Samples, Mock-ups) with subcontractors, design team, and owners to ensure that all materials (and associated installations) are approved promptly to keep the project on schedule.
- Assist project engineering and related personnel functions, including personnel planning and administration, work assignments, submittal, shop drawing, meeting minutes, and RFI processing in collaboration with the project manager and superintendent.
- Collaborate with on-site departments to resolve problems and ensure the quality of construction in support of the overall project schedule.
- Develop and administer project engineering procedures and other work-controlling documents. Assist in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc., for the project.
- Assist in developing and administering on-site inspections and punch lists.